Somaturgy Header

Somaturgy Header
One more step takes you down the rabbit hole.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Talk about going a while between posts...

It's been about 2 months exactly, hasn't it?

Well, I have excuses!

Since December, I have forayed into the bizarre depths of nerddom and attended my first con! And in doing so, I have acquired EMPLOYMENT! YES! I am now a title card artist for these fine fellows: 3 Fat Guys

I've been slowly catching up on old title cards, doing new title cards, and am now working on their DVD art. That'd be why my video production has gone down somewhat remarkably. But I come to you tonight with something new anyway!



This is, of course, me singing both parts.

It annoys me how messily the vocal tracks are matched up. You see, I AM actually a passably capable audio editor, when I have ample time and equipment. For this video, I quite obviously did not. Due to reasons I would rather not get into, the harmony vocals had to be recorded in the creepy basement bathroom, which meant I had a lot of reasons to do it in as few takes as possible, and none of those takes were done listening to my own melody vocals, but rather both tracks were done singing along to a teaching vocal track on the karaoke version of the song. While theoretically this should have worked pretty well, I apparently devited from the teaching vocals enough in my first recording that my harmony doesn't match up perfectly all the time. Also, I sort of failed to figure out how to chop up the vocal track and scootch it half a second forwards of backwards in iMovie. Blah.

So... not so great quality, but then, I did do this ENTIRELY for myself, so to speak. You see... I have no idea whether this video has any potential audience at all. I recorded the song because of a childhood superstition revolving around it, and I matched it to photos of deer and snow and deer in the snow because I love winter. That's all. I just... love winter. And deer are a powerful symbol to me, both in general and symbols of winter.

Basically, it's a video I made to show what I think is most beautiful about my favourite season, the time when I truly feel ALIVE. I know a lot of my friends and family are summer people, but this is my time of year, and so I made this to show why I love it. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment